Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inspired thoughts: God is in everything

As I plan my week’s activities I see that my life is broken up into a number of compartments, with work in one box, school in another, children’s activities in another, home life in another, family in another, community life in another, personal development in another. And in each of these boxes there are some smaller packages, for instance my work consists of various responsibilities and goals.

Breaking up my activities this way, helps me plan my time and gives me some key points to focus on. I am also aware that there are at least two important things to remember;
First, each compartment or box in my life affects each other. When I think about them in isolation problems usually arise. What I do with one affects the others. For instance, when I elect to take on more work it will affect how much time I can spend in the other boxes and it may affect my relationships in the other boxes.
Secondly, God weaves through every compartment or box in our lives. God is not a compartment of our life but He is involved and interested in all compartments of our lives. When we take the time we will notice that God is like a bottle of perfume that has leaked in our luggage, the aroma of God is in everything we are involved in. Our church activities and devotion times are essential compartments in our life, to help us discover how God is blessing us and involved in every part of our life. Ephesians chapter 4 verse 6 reminds us… There is one God who is the Father of all people. Not only is God above all others, but he works by using all of us, and he lives in all of us.

And not only is God in everything, of all things He is the most important. We should be thinking of Him and His perspective is in everything we are involved in. As 1st Corinthians chapter 10 verse 31 reminds us… When you eat, drink or do anything else, always do it to honour God.

Something to reflect on and share with others
• What activities of your life is it easy and difficult to see God involved in? and why?
• This week…What are you involved in?….How has God blessed you through these activities? How can you honour God in everything your are involved in?
• How does loving God and loving others affect the activities of your life?

Want to discover more…read Colossians 1:12-20

No comments:

Post a Comment